We’ve all heard about medications, and many have heard about medical aesthetic services (such as plastic surgeries, and liposuctions) but very few have heard about laser treatments.
Laser treatment may sound strange, and maybe even scary. The word “laser” means “Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation”. So yes, they are very hot, and you might have concerns but you have nothing to worry about. The procedure is safe and has been performed countless times.
Actually, lasers have far-reaching applications – from military, art, down to medicine. And, even in the medical field, they have broad applications, but we would be focusing on the aesthetic functionalities of lasers (i.e. laser treatments for medical aesthetics)
Years ago, this process of not just treating an ailment, but seeking aesthetics through medical procedures used to be painful and risky – involving incisions, blood, and a lot of pain. Now, thanks to advanced laser technologies (and subsequently laser treatments), dramatic medical aesthetic improvement can be achieved without any incisions, less danger, and quickly.
Surgical operations have indeed been proven to deliver amazing results, however, they expose the patients to high risks of infection, nerve damage, blood loss, and it takes very long before the patient fully heals. An alternative is laser treatments. Below is how it works.
How Laser Treatments Work
The science to it is very advanced, but here is the quick breakdown: The laser treatment involves firing hyper-focused energy light beams (or radiofrequency) to precise tissues under the skin. This enables the practitioner to target, and treat – destroy or modify – specific cells, tissues and muscles without affecting nor damaging the surrounding cells or tissues.
Plastic surgery may just be too much for you, and you might have grown weary of “miracle” products that fail to deliver on their promises. This is why you may want to join the growing list of men and women who are turning to laser treatments in order to look impeccable, and younger without breaking the bank.
Laser Treatment Uses in Medical Aesthetics
Laser treatments are really fascinating. For example, you can easily remove
- Unwanted body hairs: Undesirable hairs can be removed using laser treatment by targeting the root of the hair follicles and destroying them – leaving the skin permanently free from unwanted hairs.
- Sagging skin: This condition is caused by poor production of collagen and elastin and can be easily cured by heating the dermis to the right temperature – which triggers a collagen response – allowing for the healing and smoothing out of aging skin.
- Cellulite: Those unsightly dimpled skin can be smoothed easily using laser treatment (using a similar procedure mentioned above)
- Scars: Lasers can be used to either stimulate the production of new skin cells or remove the upper layers of the skin to improve the appearance of scars (i.e. make them vanish).
- Stretch marks: The outer surface of the skin can be delicately removed, or the entire stretch marks be smoothened using laser treatments.
- Wrinkles and fine lines: Certain treatments succeed in leaving your skin feeling hydrated and clean but lasers target tissues below the skin’s surface and treat them – making you, not just “feel” fresh but actually rejuvenated from the inside out.
- Body fats: Persistent fats, which just won’t go away (despite the diet and exercise) can be done away with by dismantling them with controlled laser heat.
- Varicose Veins: These enlarged and twisted superficial veins can be treated using the Endovenous Laser Treatment (ELT).
- Hyperpigmentation: When there is too much melanin secretion in sections of the skin – causing dark patches – lasers can be used to either peel off layers of the skin, or simply destroy the dermis cells to encourage the growth of new ones.
- Tattoos: Even permanent tattoos can be removed using lasers, which destroys the tattoo coloring pigments, ridding the body of the tattoo.
The results of laser treatments are next to miraculous. However, it is important to only have this type of treatment only in reliable and trusted companies like Skintology Health and Wellness Centre and Vigam Medical Spa and Laser because they both have an approachable and highly-qualified team dedicated to helping you achieve your goals.
Benefits of Laser Treatment For Medical Aesthetics
Lasers are super effective in transforming people’s looks. And it is advantageous to use laser treatments because
- They are more accurate and controlled compared to other surgical procedures: This means that there is generally less damage to tissues, and they are less painful – both in the short and long run.
- They do not require long sessions: Most laser treatments don’t last for hours unlike surgeries. Though multiple sessions may be required depending on the patient.
- The recovery period and process are shorter and easier: In general, there are fewer injuries in laser treatments compared to traditional surgeries – which require multiple surgical cuts.
- The effects of laser treatments are long-lasting, and sometimes permanent: This means you don’t have to worry about regular treatment that can alter your lifestyle.
- The incidence of infections is drastically reduced: This means that fewer incisions are made and the procedure doesn’t take too long.
In conclusion, laser treatments are a great way to improve your looks and they are cost-effective compared to other procedures and surgeries both in the short term and long run. So, why not try them out?